Here’s our menu in one easy link!
As always, it’s open rain or shine! The latest weather for tomorrow is: partly cloudy rising to 93 degrees by 1 PM, with no rain in sight.
In honor of 17th annual National Farmers Market Week (NFMW, August 7-13), we are reminding folks why we do our work. Why should I spend my hard earned grocery dollars at my local farmers market?
- When folks come to the market, they are more likely to spend money nearby.
- Want to know how your food was raised? Ask a farmer, they know just how they grew their food.
- Both the nearby rural and local economies benefit when you buy food from your local farmer.
- Want to know how fresh the food is? Just ask your local farmer. They will be happy to tell you.
- Increase fresh food access to food deserts.
- Support fair pay for local farmers.
- Fresher food tastes better.
NEW this week:
Produce Plus, DC’s fresh veggies incentive program, is back this week at the market. We have checks for 50 customers only, sorry. We also have a limited amount of checks for the Fruit & Vegetable Prescription program.
El Tianguis - Tacos may be done for the year.
This week’s menu includes:
Belle Prairie Farm (our only peer to peer certified organic vegetable farm) will be on hand this week with the following items:
- tomatoes (heirloom)
Also in smaller quantities:
- Swiss Chard
- Patty Pan squash
Garner’s Produce -
- Tomatoes large red,heirloom,roma,cherry tomatoes, green, yellow!!
- Hot Peppers- Jalapeno, cayenne, anaheim, serrano
- Zucchini, patty pan, ishtar, Golden Zucchini, yellow squash
- Fresh cut herbs- basil, mint, parsley, thyme, sage
- Purple Peppers
- Green beans- no wholesale this week, sorry
- Red and yellow seedless watermelons---limited for wholesale!
- green tomatoes
- Bell peppers- a little green, lots of red and yellow
- New potatoes
- Large Cucumbers
- Pickling cukes
- Sweet onions
- sweetcorn- Very limited for markets this week! No wholesale this week.
- Hot sauce, Hot or sweet pepper jelly, strawberry daiquiri mix
- pumpkin and sweet potato butters
- Cameo, fuji, Goldrush & Pristine apples
- White & Yellow Nectarines!
- White & yellow peaches
- White Donut peaches
- Red raspberries
- Free range hen eggs
- Cabbage - Regular & Chinese
- Regular & Fairy tale eggplant
- Dino, Green boar & red boar kale
- Red & Yellow onions
- Hot Peppers
- Green peppers
- Salad Mix
- Arugula Mix
- Summer squash
- Swiss chards
- our value added goods.
Sugarcane Sweets will be back on August 13th.
Groff's Content Farm Here are the featured pre made entrees this week from Groff's Content Farm & Rebo's Pocket Cafe: Mushroom, spinach & sage sausage strata, white lasagna w/ground turkey breast & basil, Sweet Italian sausage kale & ricotta manicotti, zucchini & goat cheese frittata (vegetarian). They also have their delicious: pastured Berkshire pork & pork sausages, fresh free range hen and duck eggs, free range whole chickens and parts, and grass fed biodynamic beef.
Zeke's Coffee of DC & Stone Hearth Bakery will have their same great options this week.
We’ll welcome fresh farm grown flowers from your neighbor, Lisa Washington & Sirene Botanicals.
We will have Produce Plus, DC’s fresh veggies incentive program, back this week at the market.
We will have Dimitri Olive Oil back on track this week.
DDOT’s Rock Creek East Livability Study is back this week to talk about the status of the project.
Coming Kids’ Attractions for this month include: Pop up STEAM on August 27.
This week: Kids’ tent is active and in full force.
Coming Music Attractions for next month include: The Market Band on August 20 as well as jazz from the very popular Matt Stuver Trio on September 3.
Thanks for coming to 14th & Kennedy Street Farmers Market. The neighborhood is supportive of the market and we think you rock for coming. We can’t do it without you. What do you want @ market? Do contact us @: firstname.lastname@example.org whenever you’d like.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the web.