Here’s our menu in one easy link!
As always, it’s open rain or shine! The latest weather for tomorrow is: mostly sunny rising to 87 degrees by 1 PM, with no rain in sight.
NEW this week:
Produce Plus, DC’s fresh veggies incentive program, is back this week at the market. We have checks for 50 customers only, sorry. We also have a limited amount of checks for the Fruit & Vegetable Prescription program. So far, it looks like the program will be ending early on September 4 due to the high customer redemption rate.
We are on the hunt for new hot food vendors now. If you know of a vendor who would be adaptable to the market’s needs and experienced on morning oriented outdoor events to be our anchor hot food vendor, we would love to talk with you about this, contact Jim Coleman @ 2026818799 or email@example.com.
We are featuring the unique sounds of The Market Band as our entertainers for this week.
This week’s menu includes:
Belle Prairie Farm (our only peer to peer certified organic vegetable farm) will be on hand this week with the following items:
- tomatoes (heirloom)
Also in smaller quantities:
- Swiss Chard
- Patty Pan squash
Garner’s Produce -
- Tomatoes large red,heirloom,roma,cherry tomatoes, green, yellow!!
- Hot Peppers- Jalapeno, cayenne, anaheim, serrano
- Zucchini, patty pan, ishtar, Golden Zucchini, yellow squash
- Fresh cut herbs- basil, mint, parsley, thyme, sage
- Purple Peppers
- Green beans- no wholesale this week, sorry
- Red and yellow seedless watermelons---limited for wholesale!
- green tomatoes
- Bell peppers- a little green, lots of red and yellow
- New potatoes
- Large Cucumbers
- Pickling cukes
- Sweet onions
- Lima Beans
- sweetcorn- Very limited for markets this week! No wholesale this week.
- Hot sauce, Hot or sweet pepper jelly, strawberry daiquiri mix
- pumpkin and sweet potato butters
- yellow wax and roma beans
- cherry tomatoes- Lots of colors and varieties!
- Fuji, Ginger Gold, Pink Pearl, Pristine, Sansa, Star Gala, Summer Rambo & Zestar apples
- Yellow Nectarines
- White & yellow peaches
- Red raspberries
- Canary Melons
- Free range hen eggs
- Cabbage - Regular & Chinese
- Regular & Fairy tale eggplant
- Dino, Green boar & red boar kale
- Red & Yellow onions
- Hot Peppers
- Colored Peppers
- Green peppers
- Salad Mix
- Arugula Mix
- Summer squash
- Swiss chards
- our value added goods.
Sugarcane Sweets will be back on August 27th (as far as we know).
Groff's Content Farm Here are the featured pre made entrees this week from Groff's Content Farm & Rebo's Pocket Cafe: Mushroom, spinach & sage sausage strata, white lasagna w/ground turkey breast & basil, Sweet Italian sausage kale & ricotta manicotti, zucchini & goat cheese frittata (vegetarian). They also have their delicious: pastured Berkshire pork & pork sausages, fresh free range hen and duck eggs, free range whole chickens and parts, and grass fed biodynamic beef.
Zeke's Coffee of DC & Stone Hearth Bakery will have their same great options this week.
We’ll welcome fresh farm grown flowers from your neighbor, Lisa Washington & Sirene Botanicals.
We will have Produce Plus, DC’s fresh veggies incentive program, back this week at the market.
We will have Dimitri Olive Oil back on track this week.
Coming Kids’ Attractions for this month include: Pop up STEAM on August 27.
This week: Kids’ tent is active and in full force.
Coming Music Attractions for this month include: The Market Band on August 20, Montgomery Fox on August 27, as well as jazz from the very popular Matt Stuver Trio on September 3.
Thanks for coming to 14th & Kennedy Street Farmers Market. The neighborhood is supportive of the market and we think you rock for coming. We can’t do it without you. What do you want @ market? Do contact us @: firstname.lastname@example.org whenever you’d like.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the web.