Here’s our menu in one easy link!
As always, it’s open rain or shine! The latest weather for tomorrow is: rain off and on rising to 67 degrees by 1 PM.
NEW this week: We love to support neighborhood organizations. We offer fruit or vegetables for one time events, gift certificates for silent auctions or raffles. We also consider other ideas you might have to support the neighborhood. Please contact Jim Coleman @ 2026818799 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are on the hunt for new hot food vendors now. If you know of a vendor who would be adaptable to the market’s needs and experienced on morning oriented outdoor events to be our anchor hot food vendor, we would love to talk with you about this, contact Jim Coleman @ 2026818799 or email@example.com.
We are still looking for musicians to play acoustically for tips at the market. If you’ve always wanted to try it, this may be your golden opportunity.
Produce Plus, DC’s fresh veggies incentive program, is finished for this season in the city. We have a limited amount of checks for the Fruit & Vegetable Prescription program, which runs until November of this year. Ask your local health clinic about the program.
This week’s menu includes:
Belle Prairie Farm (our only peer to peer certified organic vegetable farm) is back this week.
- Nasturtiums (edible flowers!)
- Some tomato
- Some eggplant
- Maybe kale
Garner’s Produce -
- Red Tomatoes
- Roma Tomatoes- Red or yellow
- Cherry Tomatoes-many varieties
- Early Girl Tomatoes
- Hot Peppers- Jalapeno, cayenne, anaheim, serrano
- Zucchini, patty pan, ishtar, Golden Zucchini, yellow squash
- Fresh cut herbs- basil, mint, parsley, thyme, sage
- Purple Peppers
- Green and yellow wax beans
- Red and yellow seedless watermelons---limited for wholesale!
- green tomatoes
- sweet potatoes- red and white
- New potatoes
- Large Cucumbers
- Pickling cukes
- Sweet onions
- black eyed peas
- sweet corn
- Corn stalks, Hay bales, Indian Corn, decorative pumpkin mix, wreaths
- mums and pansies
- Osage oranges (decorative only)
- Jack-be-littles and Gourds
- green bell peppers
- Hot sauce, Hot or sweet pepper jelly, strawberry daiquiri mix
- pumpkin and sweet potato butters
- roma beans
- butternut and acorn squash
- pie pumpkins
- Crimson Crisp, Crimson Jonagold, Empire, Fuji, Gala, Golden Supreme, Grimes Golden, Honey Crisp, Jonathan, Macintosh, Macoun, Miracle Mac, Red Winesap, Shizuka, Snap Stayman & Suncrisp apples
- Asian & Bartlett Pears
- Free range hen eggs
- Fresh Cider in pints, quarts, 1/2g & Gallons
- Brussels Sprouts
- Regular & Fairy tale eggplant
- Dino, Green boar & red boar kale
- Red & Yellow Onions
- Hot Peppers
- Colored Peppers
- Green peppers
- Salad Mix
- Arugula Mix
- Summer squash
- Winter squash
- Sweet potatoes
- Swiss chards
- Tomatoes - Roma
- our value added goods.
Lisa Washington & Sirene Botanicals will be back next week. She will be featuring dried flowers plus (new) herb teas.
Groff's Content Farm Here are the featured pre made entrees this week from Groff's Content Farm & Rebo's Pocket Cafe: Mushroom, spinach & sage sausage strata, white lasagna w/ground turkey breast & basil, Sweet Italian sausage kale & ricotta manicotti. They also have their delicious: pastured Berkshire pork & pork sausages, fresh free range hen and duck eggs, free range whole chickens and parts, and grass fed biodynamic beef.
Dimitri Olive Oil is back next week.
Zeke's Coffee of DC & Stone Hearth Bakery will have their same great options this week.
Our entertainer this week: Sorry, we don’t have a musician for this week but the Matt Stuver Trio will reschedule.
Coming Soon for Vendors: Sirene Botanicals joins us every other week until they run out of flowers.
Kids’ Activity this week!: To be determined… Drawing every week.
Coming Kids’ Attractions for this month include: Do you have ideas for future kids tents performers or activities (it can be an activity you lead yourself--like a neighbor's fantastic bubble snake idea)? If so, please email me, JJ Velez (firstname.lastname@example.org), and Desiree Frame (email@example.com) as we're looking to line up more kids tent activities and performances.
Coming Music Attractions for this month include: Matt Stuver Trio on 10/? & Montgomery Fox on 10/29.
Thanks for coming to 14th & Kennedy Street Farmers Market. The neighborhood is supportive of the market and we think you rock for coming. We can’t do it without you. What do you want @ market? Do contact us @: firstname.lastname@example.org whenever you’d like.
Check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the web.